Whats's Going On at Aston Service London? - September 2018
Posted in Updates 5 months ago
We will frequently be catching up with Peter Hamilton, our service manager for a quick update on what's going on at Aston Service London.
It has been an incredibly busy last few weeks at Aston Service London, with clients getting their cars prepared for the last of the good British weather and some longer term projects coming to an end. As ever, the jobs have been extremely diverse, both in terms of the scope of work and vehicles being worked on, from a 1950s Aston Martin DB3S to a 2012 Aston Martin DBS. Here is a very brief insight to some of the recently completed and ongoing jobs here at Aston Serivce London:
- ‘Pre-tour prep’ on an Aston Martin DB3S and DB4 GT Zagato - full lights and levels and extensive test mileage and fine adjustments to ensure both cars are running as they should before they begin the event.
- Aston Martin Lagonda air conditioning overhaul and upgrade – complete inspection and testing of the complicated heating and air conditioning system of the Lagonda with the vacuum pipes being replaced and whole system upgraded.
- 1977 Aston Martin V8 investigation into engine misfire – after extensive investigation into a severe engine misfire in this V8, the cause is believed to be a crack in the head. As such the engine is being stripped and will require a complete rebuild.
- ‘Sales prep’ on Aston Martin DBS Carbon Edition – following sale from our partners Aston Sales of Kensington, we carried out a full service and health-check on a 2012 DBS Carbon Edition before it was handed over to its new owner.
- 1992 Aston Martin Virage Volante ECU damage – full investigation into believed damage to the ECU of this 1992 Virage Volante. It is now believed that the ECU has suffered water damage through severe ingress, but further investigation is ongoing.